Pizza. It could be one of the most complete food groups on the planet. Right? One place that makes some of my favorite pizza on the planet is Lou Malnati’s.
This past summer, I was pretty excited to hear that Lou Malnati’s Pizza is coming to Phoenix.
— Lou Malnati's Pizza (@LouMalnatis) July 28, 2015
Imagine my excitement when I saw the Mouth By Southwest article today that says the first location will be in the Uptown Plaza Shopping Center at First St and Camelback. RIGHT across from the Central and Camelback light rail station. How cool is that?!?
The news was also listed on their own web site where they said:
They even listed 5 things we should know about the move to Phoenix!
- We may be expanding out of state, but we’re still a family-owned and operated company. Just because we are heading out west, doesn’t mean we are franchising. In fact…
- Five members of our management team have volunteered to permanently relocate to Arizona. We are committed to providing a true taste of Chicago in Phoenix, and that includes our Chicago team!
- We have gone to great lengths to ensure our pizza will taste just as it does in Chicago – that means bringing core ingredients like our cheese, our tomatoes, and of course our secret dough recipe from Chicago to our new kitchens in Arizona.
- The new Phoenix location will offer dine-in, with capacity to seat 240 people, carry-out, catering, and delivery.
- We know you’re wondering where we’ll go next, but the truth is, we are 100% focused on this location. We want to ensure it is a success before we consider more locations in Arizona or elsewhere.
The address will be:
100 E Camelback Rd Suite 152.
Yeah, we’ve got some really good pizza along the line but this is some really good Chicago Pizza. I can’t wait to take my kids to give it a try.
They should be open by spring time. I’m sure some of my crazy Chicago friends and relatives will love to hear the news.
Please join me in welcoming Lou Malnati’s to the neighborhood!