The Tempe Chamber of Commerce is offering a FREE Business Solutions Clinic for all Chamber members. Through its Business Resource Advantage Committee, the Tempe Chamber will organize and host this FREE event which provides instruction on six different areas of business. The event will be held at the Tempe Chamber offices on Feb. 25 from 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m and business owners can book a 30-minute appointment to meet with an expert and ask questions pertaining to that business topic. The Tempe Chamber of Commerce is located at 909 East Apache Blvd.
As a member of the Business Resource Advantage Committee, I can tell you that this will be a great way for business owners to get answers from some top notch professionals willing to share their knowledge with fellow members of the Tempe Chamber. Do yourself and your business a favor and get some FREE advice!
Following is information about the event directly from the Chamber:
Tempe Chamber Member,
Is your company trying to do more with less? Are you stretching your budget while trying to maintain the level of customer service and expertise you pride yourself on?
If so, I bet you might jump at the chance to secure $700 worth of free counseling sessions with lawyers, accountants, marketing gurus, tax specialists and other industry experts. You’re in luck. The Tempe Chamber of Commerce is pleased to offer our members (that’s you!) this very opportunity.
On Thursday, Feb. 25, from 1-5 p.m. we are hosting a Business Solutions Clinic to provide one-on-one, complimentary, confidential business counseling sessions to help you benefit from the advice of experts.
This panel of mentors comprises Tempe Chamber members who will provide individual sessions for pre-registered participants. Each session will take place between you and the mentor behind closed doors. No sales pitches, no hassles – nothing but honest advice and tips on the subjects of your choice.
The event is organized through the Tempe Chamber’s Business Resource Advantage Committee. Sessions are offered in half-hour increments and are presented by:
Taxes / Accounting – Laura Opstad:
Marketing / PR – Diane Wallace:
Sales – Anita Grantham:
Legal – Joan Jakel-Smith:
HR / Workers’ Comp. & Insurance – Neil Chitel:
Finance & Banking – Peter Eberle:
In addition, a SCORE representative will be onsite to answer general questions for all attendees. Refreshments will be provided by Marketside at Rural and Elliot.
Participants must be members of the Tempe Chamber. All sessions must be reserved in advance and walk-in guests cannot be accommodated.
While we still have some slots remaining, they are filling up fast. Slots are booked based on a first-come, first-served basis. To register, please contact Sachiyo Ragsdale at email@example.com or (480) 736-4285. For full details on our presenters, visit their LinkedIn accounts above or go to http://bit.ly/cHL252.
** Update: Some things to consider**
1) Are your employees classified correctly, for Workers Comp and Exempt / Non-Exempt?
2) Do you Qualify for a Workers Comp Emod – What is an Emod and how does it affect my policy rates?
3) Group Healthcare and how can I keep it without making me broke!
4) Ways to keep your employees happy in these hard times, suggestions on how to cut back without layoffs!
5) I have no employees they are all 1099; Really? Learn the Factor 20 test the IRS uses, could save your company!
1) What is the difference between expensing and capitalizing costs?
2) Will your salary as a corporate officer pass an audit?
3) What documentation does IRS require?
4) What are the problems with having a shareholder loan with your corporation?
5) Are you confident your books/tax returns are accurate?