I got an email today from a Valley Metro volunteer that is obviously going to be a great asset to people wanting to know what to expect when riding the new light rail line. The email was from our new friend, Joe. Part of the email said.
"Hello, Love the work you guys have done to promote METRO and stimulate interest in the project. I've been involved for a few years in the CAB meetings and such and just a huge commuter rail fan in general. Check out my video and maybe I will run into you this weekend! I'll be at the Convention Center station on Saturday for most of the day.
How cool is that?!?! Joe, thanks so much for your kind words. I will be sure to make it a point to visit your station on Saturday!
Metro Ambassador's will be on hand to answer questions about the new system, help with Saturday celebrations Some of the duties of Ambassador's include:
- Welcome riders in a friendly, helpful manner
- Explain the celebration adjacent to the station
- Provide information about train, schedules & fare vending
- Distribute METRO safety brochures or other printed materials
- Answer questions-(same questions may be repeated frequently)
- Assist with crowd control by asking people to queue into lines
- Assist in keeping people safely out of the way of the train and off tracks
- Assist in keeping platform clean and free of litter
- Assist in set-up and breakdown of event
If you get a chance, stop by the Convention Center Station at 3rd St / Washington Saturday and say "Hi!" to Joe!