ok.. So many people want to go see the big party at Tempe Town Lake, the light rail cars in action and the cool lights on the new bridge. I have some road closure info courtesy of PTS News, the official e-newsletter of ASU Parking & Transit Services.
Several downtown Tempe streets will be closed this weekend for the July 4 Tempe Town Lake Festival. The following roads will be closed in both directions:
* Mill Avenue between Curry Road/Washington Street and Second Street will be closed from 7 a.m. July 4 until 2 a.m. July 5
* Rio Salado Parkway between Packard and Hardy Drives will be closed from 9 a.m. July 4 until 2 a.m. July 5
* Mill Avenue between Second Street and University Drive will be closed from 4 p.m. July 4 until 2 a.m. July 5
The following roads will be closed from 8:30 p.m. until 11 p.m. on July 4:
* Eastbound Rio Salado Parkway between Priest Drive and Hardy Drive
* Northbound Rural Road between University Drive and Rio Salado Parkway
* Southbound Scottsdale Road between Curry Road and Rio Salado Parkway
* The Loop 202 off-ramps at Scottsdale Road
The City of Tempe Transportation program, Tempe in Motion, will make it easy for residents to get to the Festival with free extended bus service. Residents are encouraged to park at one of the following park-and-ride locations and ride the bus for free to the festivities:
* Tempe Library Complex located at the SW corner of Southern Avenue and Rural Road (Route 72)
* Tempe Sports Complex located on Hardy Drive just north of Warner Road (Route 62)
* Arizona Mills Mall located on Priest Drive near entry 1 (Routes 56, 92)
* Tempe Marketplace located at the NE corner of McClintock Drive and Rio Salado Parkway (Route 81)
Several bus detours will occur on July 4 affecting both Orbit and Valley Metro buses. For a complete list of detours, please visit Tempe In Motion for FREE bus service for the festival!.