Around here, there’s no shortage of Tequila fans. We sip it, chug it, cook with it, make margaritas with it and just enjoy the goodness of all that is TEQUILA.
Thankfully, we are able to have the annual Phoenix Tequila Festival to properly celebrate the nectar that may or may not have a worm at the bottom of the bottle. If you don’t know about the worm, you should go to the PHX tequila festival and ask people about it!
The annual Phoenix Tequila Festival is held at US Airways Center which means that your light rail ride is FREE! How cool is that?!? Someone drives you to and from a tequila festival? Yeah, that’s a good idea!
The 5th Annual Tequila Festival will be held, November 23 and 24th, 2013. Complete details here.
Enjoy tequila samples, Mexican food, live music, a margarita challenge and more.
Tickets to the Phoenix Tequila Festival are $50.00 and can be purchased through their web site. Other packages are available so check with them for complete ticket info. ie: 1-day, 2-day etc. Both day are just $75.00 for you hard core Tequila people. I say, go for it!
THE EXCITING 5th ANNUAL PHOENIX TEQUILA FEST
–Continuous Live entertainment in a festive setting filled with holiday cheer
-Sample great tequila from Blancos, Reposados, Premiums, and Ultra Premiums
-Taste liqueurs, cremes, infusions and flavored tequilas distilled in the heart of Mexico
What: Phoenix Tequila Festival
Where: US Airways Center ( 201 E Jefferson St )
When: November 23rd and 24th from 12-5PM.
Check out this info from the Tequila Fest web site:
- All day tastings and sampling of the world’s finest Tequilas including reposados/añejos/blancos, as well as organics and infusions.
- Continuous Live Entertainment.
- Sampling booths located throughout US Airways Center featuring, numerous Tequila brands, distilleries, and varietals, and tasting instructions.
- Sampling from outstanding Mexican restaurants with favorites dishes such as carne asada, shrimp ceviche, flautas, taquitos, chimichangas and the best salsa North of the border.
- Valley’s top bartenders and mixologists to compete in the 5th Annual Phoenix Tequila Fest Margarita Challenge.Last year the honors went to Rich Rush of Canteen Modern Tequila Bar in Tempe. Local bartenders wishing to enter may register by clickinghere
- Tequila experts and mixologists showcase hot trends in tequila, from tequila infusions with mango, coffee, guayaba, habanero, pineapple, and watermelon margaritas.
- Tequila distillers/agave farmers share how agave is grown, harvested, roasted, fermented, distilled and aged in fine wood barrels to create the various expressions and flavors of tequila.
- Tequila fanatics and aficionados – ranging from tequila collectors, individuals with expert palates to those who just love the spirit, there will be many tequila “lovers” at the Fest to share their passion!.
Please be safe! The Sheraton Phoenix Downtown is the official hotel for the Phoenix Tequila festival. You might want to seriously consider staying there. ( 340 N 3rd Street ) See their web site for details. Other hotels near the light rail line are also available. See the map below for hotel information along the light rail line.
View Hotels near light rail in a larger map
Don’t forget to roll into the arena Rail Life style! Have fun, amigos!