The annual Local First Arizona “Certified Local Fall Festival” is an event for EVERYONE. Young, old, rich, poor, smart and smarter…
The Certified Local Fall Festival is all day family friendly fun for all ages.
Thousands will flock to Portland Parkway near the light rail station at Central and Roosevelt to enjoy some of the Valley’s best food, live music, fun and games, unique shopping, huge local beer and wine garden and the chance to learn more about the awesome “local movement” that is so important to our cities and our state.
AWESOME LOCATION! The annual Certified Local Fall Festival is at Portland Parkway in Downtown Phoenix, right next to the Roosevelt/Central light rail station! See our light rail map below to get there, the easy way.
View Phoenix Valley METRO Light Rail Map in a larger map
Entrance to the Certified Local First Fall Festival is free, with crafts and activities for kids and families. $1 food tickets will be available for purchase at the Fall Festival. Entrance to the Beer and Wine Garden is free, only 21+ allowed. Drink samples will be available for 2 food tickets. Come enjoy tons of free activities for all ages. Can you say, “bounce house and rock climbing wall”?!?! There will also be a batting cage, craft booths, face painting and SO much cool stuff, you’ll go crazy just trying to soak it all in.
See some photos from last years Fall Festival:
You might as well get started on your holiday shopping with some of our favorite local retailers while some seriously talented local bands rock the house. There will even be a raffle and silent auction to raise funds for Local First, and if you get there early and are one of the first 500 attendees, you will get a gift bag!
For a list of the local vendors, breweries, wineries, bands, & sponsors, visit their Fall Festival page on the Local First web site.
Local First Fall Festival:
When: Saturday, November 8th, 2014
What Time: 10:00am – 4:00pm
Where: Portland Parkway, 10 W Portland Street, Phoenix, AZ 85003 (just west of the Roosevelt/Central light rail station)
Why: Because YOU want to attend the coolest LOCAL festival of the year!
Of course, these events are made possible because of some awesome local sponsors. While you are soaking in all of the local goodness, you really wont want to miss the local beer and wine garden. Check out these cool participants:
Arizona Stronghold Vineyards
Arizona Distilling Co.
Four Peaks Brewing Company
Hensley Beverage Company (with tons of craft brews)
Page Springs Cellars
Phoenix Ale Brewery
Upward Projects (with lots of wine)
Roger Clyne’s Mexican Moonshine Tequila
SanTan Brewing Co
Sun Up Brewing Company
THAT Brewing Company
The Grand Canyon
As we know, Local First Arizona is THE major force in the local movement. We often hear Kimber talk about the economic, cultural and environmental benefits of shopping local. Come to this year’s Fall Festival to learn more and to support a great organization.
TOP 10 WAYS TO ENJOY THE CERTIFIED LOCAL FALL FESTIVAL
- Bring the whole family, well-behaved dogs included! Entrance to the festival is free, and there will be tons of activities going on throughout the festival for kids, adults, and everyone in between.
- Don’t worry about parking, ride the light rail! The Certified Local Fall Festival is located at Portland Parkway conveniently located across from the Roosevelt St. and Central Avenue light rail station.
- Arrive early, as the first 500 attendees get a gift bag stuffed to the brim with goodies from over 50 local businesses!
- Get your holiday shopping started early, as vendors from all over the state will be selling unique items you won’t find anywhere else. You’re also sure to get some great deals at this year’s silent auction.
- Sample delicious morsels from some of the best restaurants and food trucks in Arizona. Samples are available for just $1!
- Taste Arizona-made wines, beers, and sprits in the Beverage Garden, samples are just $2 and entrance is free (21+).
- Enjoy live entertainment all day long from some of the best local acts at the entertainment stage!
- Test your luck with this year’s raffle, tickets will be $3 a piece or 2 tickets for $5. We’re giving away 20 prizes an hour, including restaurant gift cards, free oil changes, museum memberships, and more!
- Declare yourself a localist: stop by the Local First Arizona booth to be hear about the Localist campaign.
- Connect and engage with your community. This event is all about bringing the community together to celebrate all things local to Arizona.
We will see you there, rockin’ the Rail Life…